Reciprocating saw blades
Reciprocating saw blades are used in many different industries. The Pallet Industry uses (a lot) reciprocating saws blades for wood. A recurring topic for these saw blades is lifetime. This depends on many different determining factors. Below we will give you determining factors that guarantee a long lifespan of saw blades. We give you tips to ensure they last a long time.
Factors that influence the lifespan of reciprocating saw blades
- Heavy duty machines of well-known brands effect the lifecycle of saw blades in a positive way.
- Older machines with wear out on the transmission have negative effect on the lifespan of saw blades.
- On pallets with steel nails, the saw blades will wear out faster.
- The saw movement should be made by the machine. Sometimes, intentionally or unintentionally, the saw is pushed through the pallet causing leverage. This causes a negative effect on the lifetime of the saw blade.
- Wet pallets have limited space between the boards, resulting in more friction. Due to this friction not only the machine, but also the saw blades wear out faster.
- Old(er) pallets often have more nails. Due to this the saw blades wear out faster.
- When the saw blade is not correctly placed into the connection, the blade breaks more easy.
- A smash with a hammer or a special spreader creates more space between the boards. This leads to less friction and a positive result for your saw blades.
- Longer saw blades do reach the last nail easier. They also bump easier to the next board. Therefore they might break easier.
How to choose the right reciprocating saw blade
CekamonSAWs helps you in your choice by looking together with you at the characteristics of the saw blades.
1. Thickness of the blades
Not all blades have the same thickness. In the world of reciprocating saw blades the standard thicknesses are 0.9 & 1.3 mm. CekamonSAWs also has a blade with thickness 1.1 mm.
A thicker blade is not always better. It might be that they don’t break so fast, but due to this thickness you will have a more friction causing a higher warn to your machine. And what about power consumption? It most likely raises with thicker blades.
The toothing (indicated by TPI) most commonly used in the pallet industry is 10 TPI or 10/14 TPI.
CekamonSAWs sells blades with 10 TPI and with 10/14 TPI.
3. Length of the blades
Reciprocating saw blades are available in different length. The most common length are 200 mm, 225 mm and 250 mm. CekamonSAWs also sells a 230 mm length.
Longer saw blades have the advantage of reaching the last nail. However, the longer blade bumps easier to the next board. For that reason they can break more easy
Do you wish a specific brand? CekamonSAWs sells different brands, among them is the well-known brand LENOX
The lifetime of reciprocating saw blades depends on a lot of determining factors. Click here to read which determining factors influences the lifespan of your blades.